HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) :
- Simple programming language;
- To tell a Web browser (eg: mozilla, google chrome, IE) how a Web page should look on-screen.
- Is composed of elements.
- A paragraph or an image, etc
- Are composed of tags, attributes,and sometimes content.
- A straightforward descriptive term
- Tells a Web browser what element it’s dealing with.
- It is the beginning of each element by the name of that element within angle braces (bracket).
- The start tag for a paragraph is .
- The start tag for an image is .
- It is the end of an element.
- Just like the start tag except that the end tag has a slash before the element’s name.
- The end tag for a paragraph is .
- However, some elements, such as , don’t have an end tag.
- An attribute is an adjustment of the basic element.
- Example : You specify the width and height of an image.
- By adding attributes to the tag, as in the following example:
Reference : Building A Web Site For Dummies