- The way a letter is shaped is called Font.
- Example: aaAAaaAA is a different font than aaAAaaAA
- You can specify which fonts you want or you can just use the default fonts.
- Default fonts is fonts that are automatically set in the Web browser
- The default fonts is the most suitable for casual Web page development , but you may find that you prefer to make your own choices in determine the fonts to get just the right look.
- B (Bold) and I (Italic) is the two elements that you use most often for altering fonts.
- Font element is use to set the face of the text, which is the basic appearance of the lettering with the size and color.
- Font element can be set whether it’s Times New Roman, Arial, and so on.
- Later we discuss about setting the color for the font.
- Example : Use the FONT element to set face, size, and color:
- We can use the FONT element on whole sentences in the code or
we can also apply it even to a single character.
- The visitor’s Web browser makes its best guess about what font to substitute for it, if the font you specify isn’t available,
- By offering a series of font options for the browser to use, you improve the chances of a visitor seeing just what you intended.
- The preceding code example includes all you need to cover the three main types of
font faces common on the World Wide Web.
Reference : Building A Web Site For Dummies